A Year of New Service at OSUL
The library is changing fast thanks to the University Librarian Karyle Butcher’s enthusiasm for supporting new ideas and an influx of new librarians who work hard to take her up on this support. Among other things, this year the library:
- Initiated document delivery of journal articles to faculty on campus,
- Began the migration of the Oregon Explorer portals to an open source software,
- Ran a successful pilot project of 24 hours (Sunday-Thursday) service during spring term, supported in part by ASOSU,
- Added “text-a-librarian” reference service in addition to our usual chat, email and walk-up service,
- Arranged for patron access to many more e-books, and…
Thanks in no small part to the contributions from Extension and Experiment Station Publications and Forestry Communications, the ScholarsArchive@OSU, OSU’s institutional repository of digital documents has grown this year and is ranked 23rd of 400 worldwide (see all institutions at: http://repositories.webometrics.info/top400_rep.asp) .
You must be logged in to post a comment.