JSTOR access may still be inconsistent today as their technical support team continues to work to resolve the problem.
OSU Libraries’ subscription to the ASME Digital Collections now includes eBooks from 1993 to the present. Over 150 titles are available covering subjects such as Design & Manufacturing, Engineering Management, Energy and Power, and Pressure Vessels and Piping. For a list of the eBook titles available, see the ASME eBooks page.
JSTOR is currently working to resolve intermittent access issues that have been impacting all JSTOR users since this morning. Access to JSTOR may be inconsistent today.
On Saturday, August 8, ProQuest will be upgrading its systems infrastructure to improve performance, security, and overall reliability. The system maintenance window is scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM Pacific Standard Time and will last for eight (8) hours.
Foundation Directory Online Professional provides access to an unprecedented wealth of timely, comprehensive information on grantmakers and their grants.
- Access the entire universe of over 108,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S., plus a growing number of non-U.S. grantmakers from around the world
- Discover over 4,000 sponsoring companies, offering a quick pathway to corporate funders
- View over 1 million recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF as well as 3 million recently awarded grants
- Find additional information such as news, jobs, RFPs, grantmaker-sponsored research reports, and nonprofit literature.
- Search across a funder’s grants with customized search indexes
- Map a funder’s grants for any given year by recipient type or primary subject and view disbursements by county, city, ZIP code, or congressional district
- Chart a funder’s grants for any given year by recipient type or primary subject and view disbursements by secondary and tertiary category
- Sign up to receive funder-specific e-mail alerts;
- Search Simultaneously across all four primary Foundation Directory Online databases as well as philanthropy news, nonprofit jobs, RFPs, foundation publications, and nonprofit literature databases
Sources of Information:
- The data in Foundation Directory Online is compiled from IRS information returns (Forms 990 and 990-PF), grantmaker web sites, annual reports, printed application guidelines, the philanthropic press, and various other sources. In all, the Foundation Center’s editorial staff continually monitors more than 35 diverse information sources to verify the details. The editorial team is also in frequent communication with grantmakers nationwide through telephone calls, surveys, and electronic reporting.
The Chronicle of Higher Education is now conveniently available on any mobile device or PC when you use your OSU email address to register for a Chronicle.com account.
REGISTER FOR A FREE ACCOUNT
Go to Chronicle.com and click on the “log in” link at the top, right hand side of the page. Then click the “Create a free Account” button. Enter and confirm your OSU e-mail address, then follow the steps on the account setup pages.
Note: After you login with your new OSU-associated account, the locks will still appear on premium content, but you will have access.
ACCESS WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE, TABLET, or PC
- Go to chronicle.com on your Web browser and select “Log In” at the top.
- Type your Chronicle login account information associated with your OSU e-mail address.
DOWNLOAD THE CHRONICLE iPAD APP
- Open the iPad App Store.
- Find The Chronicle app and select the download option. You will be asked for your iTunes/Apple ID username and password, enter it in and then your app will download and install.
- Once installed, tap The Chronicle app.
- When the app opens up, tap “Sign In” on the top right.
- Type the login information for your Chronicle account associated with your OSU e-mail address.
OSU Libraries is now trialing BrowZine a service for iPad by Third Iron. After installing BrowZine you can easily browse and read OSU Libraries and open access journals. BrowZine’s interface creates an enhanced browsing and reading experience. You can mark your favorite journals and articles and save journals onto the “shelf” display. Additional tasks also available. ProfHacker recently reviewed it. (see Figure 1.)
This OSU Trial runs through 7/15/2013.
Please tell us what you think. Comments on this resource can be submitted on the electronic resource evaluation form.
All Proquest products and services will be unavailable due to critical infrastructure maintenance beginning Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM (PST) through Sunday June 5, 2011 at 7:00 AM (PST). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
All Gale products and services will be unavailable due to critical infrastructure maintenance beginning Friday, June 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM (PST) through Saturday June 4, 2011 at 9:00 AM (PST). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Oregon Regional Union List of Serials (ORULS) is not longer available and has been removed from the Database of Databases.
From the Oregon State Library web site:
The Oregon State Library no longer provides access to the Oregon Regional Union List of Serials (ORULS). The database has not been updated for several years.
Some holdings information is available via the free version of OCLC Worldcat. Full holdings information is available through the subscription version of WorldCat, which is offered through most public libraries.
Search by serial title and limit type to ‘Serial Publication’ and location by OCLC symbol. Then select ‘Libraries worldwide that own item’.
Free Worldcat: http://www.worldcat.org/