OSU Libraries have purchased an additional 5 years of Web of Science backfiles. Both Social Sciences Citation Index and the Science Citation Index are now available to 1965. Web of Science is a multidisciplinary database of bibliographic information gathered from thousands of scholarly journals. Web of Science also provides information on citations to publications and customized search alerts.
The Arte Público Hispanic Historical Collection: Series 1 (1600-1960) collection provides full-text access to historical materials documenting the Hispanic culture of the United States in its written form. Includes approximately 60,000 historical articles and texts of over 1,100 historical books on Hispanic literature and culture. Content is 80% Spanish and 20% English but searchable in both languages. Colonial times until 1960.
The six volumes (1200+ entries) of the Encyclopedia of Geography encapsulate a diverse array of topics to offer a comprehensive and useful summary of the state of the discipline in the early 21st century. Key features:
- Gives a concise historical sketch of geography’s long, rich, and fascinating history, including human geography, physical geography, and GIS
- Provides succinct summaries of trends such as globalization, environmental destruction, new geospatial technologies, and cyberspace
- Decomposes geography into the six broad subject areas: physical geography; human geography; nature and society; methods, models, and GIS; history of geography; and geographer biographies, geographic organizations, and important social movements
- Provides hundreds of color illustrations and images that lend depth and realism to the text
- Includes a special map section
- Cross references between entries allow readers to pursue topics in depth
ScienceDirect (Elsevier journals) will be offline and unavailable for approximately 4 hours on November 7th and 6 hours on November 13th. During this time, upgrades will be implemented and maintenance performed.
November 7th: off line from 11:00pm to 3:00am
November 13th: offline from 5:00am to 11:00am